Force-ing (see what we did there?) our way through with the fifth episode of the only film podcast in Bahasa Malaysia, Fikri and Muz are back for another round of film talk! This week, they’re taking a closer look at Star Wars. They’ll reminisce about the memorable moments from the first six films, before predicting what will probably come up in the next Star Wars film to be directed by J.J. Abrams. All this in the only film podcast in the world (almost certainly) to include the word pelempang in relation to Han Solo!
- This is Star Wars, and this is Star Trek
- What 80s kids are like
- Space Opera: not fat women singing in space
- Here’s a complete sentence: Flash Gordon Buck Rogers (works the other way around, too)
- How Japanese influence in Star Wars helped create C-3P0 and R2-D2
- What is Bushido? Not a hairy ingredients for bread, that’s for sure…
- Sociological and anthropological approach of Prime Directive
- By the way, check out Peperangan Bintang, a wayang kulit adaptation of Star Wars
- ‘The Empire Strikes Back’, directed by Irvin Kershner had Han Solo frozen in carbonite, but not before THAT line. Try that in real life, though, and you might get a pelempang…
- Kids, VHS is what we used to watch the remastered trilogy
- This is Darth Vader and this is also Darth Vader
- Muz’s wedding gift to Fikri, ‘The Making of Star Wars’ written by J.W. Rinzler
- Here’s a comic by Pablo Stanley to illustrate Vader’s fall/rise
- Don’t get mixed up between Anakin Solo and Anakin Skywalker, y’all
- Muz’s favorite scene: the christening of a character played by Hayden Christensen
- Where Fikri cried watching ‘Revenge of the Sith’…three freakin’ times
- You don’t kill Natalie Portman. You just don’t
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7’ to be directed by J.J. Abrams and written by Michael Arndt, who wrote ‘Little Miss Sunshine’ and ‘Toy Story 3’
- Here Arndt discussed the process of writing ‘Toy Story 3’
- Of course, after we recorded the podcast, it was announced that Lawrence Kasdan and JJ Abrams replaced Michael as the scriptwriter
- What would Han say to Chewie this time?
- Expand your Universe with the first first-person Star Wars novel, ‘I, Jedi’ by Kevin J. Anderson, featuring Corran Horn, while Kyle Katarn is a character created in ‘Star Wars: Dark Forces’. All played significant roles in the New Jedi Order series, featuring Yuuzhan Vong as the antagonists
- George Lucas‘s original outline
- The Jedi are like sheep. Seriously
- ‘Vector Prime’ by R.A. Salvatore, not ‘Balance Point’ by Kathy Tyers, when Chewie dies. Does it really matter, even when the author received death threats?
- As an aside, Hayden Christensen played in ‘Shattered Glass’ the role of Stephen Glass, a journalist for a magazine called…The New Republic
- Which was Darth Vader more like…Stalin or George W. Bush?
- Mara Jade is not in‘Return of the Jedi’
- Check out JJ’s very interesting lesson on storytelling
Download the episode in MP3 format here. Special thanks to Wubcat for letting us use ‘Mind Tricks’. Drop a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Featured image credit: Wallpaper Motion