The boys are back with a continuation of the previous episode. They really need to work on their time management, though, because the initially-planned two-parter on horror films expanded into…well, a total recording duration of more than four hours! As such, here is the second of the-now-new-four-part series. For now, Fikri and Muz take a closer look at Asian horror, so enjoy!
Dan Lain Lain
- ‘Godzilla’ as a horror film, anyone?
- ‘Ringu’ by Hideo Nakata led to ‘The Ring 2’, which replaced ‘Rasen’ as the sequel, even though this was released at the same time as the original, which even spawned its own sequels. And that’s without taking into account the Western remake directed by Gore Verbinski, whose own sequel was directed by…Hideo Nakata! It comes full circle, geddit? Ring? Full circle? Hello?
- All that probably hastened the death of VHS tapes, though
- First result that comes up if you Google Jamaican horror film
- Check our Bliss Cua Lim’s chapter on Asian horror remakes in ‘Hong Kong Film, Hollywood and the New Global Cinema’
- Yurei-ly sure you want to click on this link?
- Other key films in J-Horror include ‘Dark Water’ and ‘Ju-on’
- The trailer to ‘Exte: Hair Extensions’
- We love ‘A Tale of Two Sisters’ for many different reasons
- Let’s not forget Hong Kong’s ‘The Seventh Curse’ and their jumping ghosts known as jiangshi
- All those in favour of Taiwanese horror, say ‘Eye’
- By the way, Fikri, that ‘Italian’ actor is Alessandro Nivola!