After a break of a few weeks, we’re back with another episode! The 49th show takes a closer look at the film, ‘Puteri Gunung Ledang’. Ezzah and Fikri sat down to talk about their impressions of the film, its cultural impact, as well as the portrayal of different genders (what else?) in an interesting light. Ezzah, especially, was incredibly excited, naming this as one of her favourite films of all time, so you can be sure to be in for a fun experience on the world’s only film podcast in Bahasa Malaysia!
- Ezzah attended 3rd CILE International Annual Conference 2015 in Brussels, Belgium
- Hassan Muthalib discussed the bangsawan influence in Malaysian cinema in his book, ‘Malaysian Cinema in a Bottle’
- Puteri Gunung Ledang has been adapted (numerous times) for the stage, and last year had a ten-year anniversary screening
- Rest in peace, Alex Komang
- We’re big fans of Bayan, portrayed by Christine Hakim, who also sells kripik balado available pretty much only in Padang (note: they’re freaking awesome)
- The director Saw Teong Hin was profiled here by The Nut Graph
- We reviewed one of his films, ‘Hoore! Hoore!’, and he’s currently working on the first ever Penang Hokkien film
- Here’s a profile of the editor, Kate James
Download the episode in MP3 format here. Special thanks to Wubcat for letting us use ‘Mind Tricks’. Drop a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Featured image credit: Wallpaper Motion
One thought on “Thoughts on Films – Episode 49: Reaching The Mountain Top”
Reblogged this on Ezzah Mahmud and commented:
I did a podcast session with Mr Fikri Jermadi for Thoughts on Films last week and it’s up now! We talked about one of my all time favourite film, Puteri Gunung Ledang ❤