Not long after the last one, Fikri and Ezzah are back for the 70th episode of Thoughts on Films. They dig deep into a long-planned but never-executed episode focusing on selected films from the Fat Bidin COVID-19 Mini Docs film competition! An event that ran in the middle of the year, the jury chose a winner and two runners-up from a shortlist of over 20. Fikri took a closer look at the podium finishers, while Ezzah (having seen them all) shared her thoughts on the best of the rest.
Finally, we would like to wish our listeners Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- The top three films were ‘MCO: Marriage Crisis Ongoing’, ‘Pakej Khatan Peribadi’ and ‘The Heart to Feel’, while Ezzah spent some time talking about ‘Flipping Pages’ and ‘If Walls Could Talk’
- You can watch all the films from Fat Bidin’s YouTube playlist, and you can find out more about the competition from their website
- Sheril Bustaman’s film, ‘Come Hell or High Water’, was also briefly mentioned, a film reviewed by Hassan Muthalib
- Intermission: ‘MCO: Marriage Crisis Ongoing’, ‘Pakej Khatan Peribadi’ and ‘The Heart to Feel’
- Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or catch us on PodBean, Acast, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Player FM, Stitcher and TuneIn
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels