Back after a hiatus! Fikri and Ezzah sink their teeth into a number of juicy news bits. First up is a look at Disney+ Hotstar, which finally made its debut in Malaysia on 1st June 2021. They consider the role it plays in bring Malaysian films and television shows to new audiences, and how it fits into the local streaming landscape. In the second half, they react to Chloe Zhao’s Oscar win, and wonder how Malaysians would react to one of their own doing the same.
- We used sources from Digital News Asia, Hype, The Edge Markets, The Star, Variety, Goal and South China Morning Post
- Fikri and Muz previously discussed their Disney streaming experience in episode 59
- We published a piece by Gianluca Sergi on the streaming wars
- Intermission: Disney+ Hotstar Malaysia
- Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or catch us on PodBean, Acast, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Player FM, Stitcher and TuneIn
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels