Recorded some time ago, Fikri and Ezzah take a closer look at a number of short films made for VIVO and the Malaysian International Film Festival. The first of two parts focuses on Nadira Ilana’s ‘Mansau Ansau’ and ‘The Last Thread’ by Fabien Loo. The final section of the episode somehow became a rant against outlets cutting short the end credits of films, so random projectionists in Indonesia and Korea, beware!
- Watch ‘Mansau Ansau’ and ‘The Last Thread’
- We reviewed Nadira’s latest film, ‘Tadau om Vuhan Kopisoomo’, while we previously featured her, along with Putri Purnama Sugua and Jasmine Suraya Chin, in a three-part write-up about East Malaysians in the film industry.
- Intermission: ‘Mansau Ansau’ by Nadira Ilana and ‘The Last Thread’ by Fabien Loo
- Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or catch us on PodBean, Acast, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Player FM, Stitcher and TuneIn
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels