The second of a two-parter features another three of the best of Indonesian cinema in 2021. Fikri and Nadia continue their verbal Venn diagram of films selected by The Jakarta Post and Festival Film Indonesia, settling on those they’ve seen. Touching on issues related to genre filmmaking and gender and sexuality, this concluding part reaches the end with ‘Arumi & Lidah Pocong’, ‘Yuni’ and ‘Paranoia’.
- Check out part one here
- We based our selection on a top ten list published in The Jakarta Post and the winners of Festival Film Indonesia 2021
- Watch ‘Arumi & Lidah Pocong’, and check out the trailers for ‘Yuni’ and ‘Paranoia’
- Intermission: ‘Yuni’ (trailer)
- Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or catch us on PodBean, Acast, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Player FM, Stitcher and TuneIn
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels