We can’t keep Wina away, so she’s back again in this episode, where we look at the films and filmmakers of the 2015 Academy Awards! Mind you, we have not seen all of the films, so do not expect a predictions show of sorts. Rather, this will be an informal, slightly unguided and somewhat insane session of talking. Then again, that’s been the recipe for quite a lot of our shows as well, so no worries there. Check it out, enjoy and Happy Lunar New Year to all our listeners!
- Check out Wina’s previous appearance on Thoughts on Films on episodes 34 and 35, and she was also the subject matter of episode 43!
- On this episode, we talk about the films and filmmakers nominated in the categories of editing, animated feature, original score, makeup and hairstyling, original screenplay and adapted screenplay
- By the way, Wina took the time to review ‘The Imitation Game’ for us
- Turns out that Benedict Cumberbatch has played “stupid people” as well
- Read our review of ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’, though we didn’t mention the editing very much
- Everything may not actually be awesome, but this song certainly is
- This is probably Fikri’s favourite composition of Alexandre Desplat
- By the way, Smaug being interviewed by Stephen Colbert is probably the best thing ever
- ‘PK’: good enough to knock ‘The Imitation Game’ out of Wina’s head
- We reviewed ‘Nightcrawler’ here
- Optioning a screenplay
Featured image credit: Wallpaper Motion