Ladies and gentlemen…all good things come to an end. We’re not sure whether this podcast particularly qualifies as a good thing, but unfortunately it is not the exception to the rule, meaning that this 50th episode will also be our last. As such, Fikri and Muz goes back into the past, taking a closer look at what may regard as the quintessential Malaysian film ‘Mekanik’. Though there is little that needs fixing, the boys get to work one last time all the same. Sorry may well be the hardest word, but we’d argue goodbye is equally tricky. Something a lot easier to say is thank you, dear listener, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the last ever episode of the world’s only film podcast in Bahasa Malaysia!
- The Wikipedia page for ‘Mekanik’
- The famous Mee Kungfu scene
- An interview by BFM Radio with Hafsham, director of ‘Mekanik’ and creator of shows like ‘2+1’ and ‘Pi Mai Pi Mai Tang Tu’
- ‘Reclaiming Adat’ by Khoo Gaik Cheng
- Who is Yasmin Yusuff? This interview with The Nut Graph will catch you right up
- Check out the trailer for ‘Bu Doi Cho Lon’, a film Fikri accidentally came across in his research
- Thankfully for Fikri, his friend Quang Su is alive and well in this clip
- Kee Thuan Chye’s review of ‘Mekanik’
- We remember him for a lot of his books being sold in mamaks for some reason, like this one
Download the episode in MP3 format here. Special thanks to Wubcat for letting us use ‘Mind Tricks’. Drop a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
One thought on “Thoughts on Films – Episode 50: The One With The Last One”
Reblogged this on Ezzah Mahmud.