This episode features Tony Pietra Arjuna in the hotseat! With his film ‘Shadowplay’ dropping on KiniDia, Fikri figures the time is right for an in-depth discussion into the craft of the film. The first of a two-parter, this week focuses on the narrative arc and origin, as well as how the characters are developed. Along the way, they consider the influence of David Lynch and works like ‘Run Lola Run’, the importance of his previous film ‘Cuak’ to this one, and whether the term ‘cloudwalker’ is included because Tony couldn’t get the rights to ‘skywalker’.
- You can watch ‘Shadowplay’ on KiniDia, the platform for Malaysian flicks on demand.
- We previous wrote a Buzz piece as well as a review of the film itself
- Additionally, we have also published write-ups on his previous films, such as ‘Train Station’ and ‘Cuak’
- Intermission: ‘Shadowplay’ by Tony Pietra Arjuna
- Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or catch us on PodBean, Acast, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Player FM, Stitcher and TuneIn
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels