Let’s get ready to rumble! Fikri is back with Tony Pietra Arjuna for the second part of their discussion of his film, ‘Shadowplay’. This episode’s focus is on the film’s geography and distribution methods. Fikri is especially interested in the portrayal of Kuala Lumpur, and Tony divulges how the city’s development transfigured the cityscape as both a location and a witness to the proceedings in the film. They also discuss how the deal to place ‘Shadowplay’ on KiniDia came about, and the film’s other other distribution and exhibition plans.
- You can watch ‘Shadowplay’ on KiniDia, the platform for Malaysian flicks on demand.
- We previous wrote a Buzz piece as well as a review of the film itself
- Additionally, we have also published write-ups on his previous films, such as ‘Train Station’ and ‘Cuak’
- Intermission: ‘Shadowplay’ by Tony Pietra Arjuna
- Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or catch us on PodBean, Acast, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Player FM, Stitcher and TuneIn
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels