Since Fikri and Muz banged on about the films of other people so much, they decided to change tack for this particular episode and beat their own drums. Offering an in-depth analysis of how these projects got started, the 22nd episode of Thoughts on Films look at their own efforts, ‘Kopi Dan Dia’ and ‘Following’. Find out why they considered it a success, and what they would have done differently if given a second chance, on the world’s only film podcast to be done in Bahasa Malaysia!
- ‘Endless Love’ by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie. Which is not the same as ‘Dance With My Father’ by Luther Vandross
- ‘Sangkar Merpati’, directed by Rufi Latiff, presented at Filemmakers Anonymous 16!
- In a previous episode, we discussed Christopher Nolan and his films
- Check out the KOPI Anthology, which is unfortunately sold out
- Julie Dahlan and David Teoh: not in the same league, according to Muz
- We interviewed our cinematographer, Diaz Hernawan, in episode 3, and our scriptwriter Ezzah Mahmud in episode 8
- ‘Kopi Dan Dia’ and/or ‘Following’ was screened at the Kota Kinabalu International Film Festival 2013, Freedom Film Fest 2013 and the Chaktomuk Short Film Festival 2014
- Check out our both parts of our interview with Bebbra Charles Mailin
- We made ‘Following’ for the 2012 edition of BMW Shorties, but unfortunately it wasn’t shortlisted
Featured image credit: Wallpaper Motion