For this episode, Fikri and Muz said, “Kami akan berehat seketika untuk ‘Kami The Movie’.” Recorded during Buku Jalanan 3 Tahun, this special episode is a recording of a discussion session about ‘Kami The Movie’ (not this ‘Kami’). The movie was based a TV series of the same name about urban youth in Malaysia. The panel members, the film’s director Effendee Mazlan and friend of the show Dr Norman Yusoff, were moderated by Athina Marzuki, so click the link and just press play!
- We direct you to Mr Director, Effendee Mazlan
- Speaking of which, we previously reviewed both his films, ‘Kami The Movie’ and ‘Songlap’
- Friend of the show Norman has talked about Islamic cinema here
- He has also written for us about ‘Bunohan’, melodrama, Hitchcock, film education, Filipino directors, and Malay films. Cheers mate!
- Like adults and kids, teenagers have their own genre too
- How influential is indie music in film?
- Check out this feature by Filmmaker Magazine of indie movies and youth
- Apparently this show somewhat similar to the concept of the film
- You can read what Pierre Bourdieu think about pop culture here
- Why selling out is not always a bad thing. We’re looking at you, Seth…
- Sampah Seni blog, by Rahmat Haron
- One of the earliest Malay films about youth culture…somewhat
Featured image credit: Wallpaper Motion