Hot off the press! Fikri and Muz take some time out to run their rule over the haves and the have nots of the 92nd Academy Awards. This episode considers the merits of the films they have seen (as well as those they have not), discuss briefly the process of voting in the American/Western awards season, and consider the significance of the Oscars in a global setting. More pertinently, they also consider the question of whether the success of ‘Parasite’ and Bong Joon-ho is truly a victory for Asia. All this in the latest episode of (probably) the only podcast in the world to be recorded on different days at the same time!
- The complete list of winners
- We looked at some of the nominated short films here and here
- We also reviewed ‘1917’, ‘In the Absence’ and ‘Parasite’
- Intermission: Bong Joon-ho’s acceptance speech
- Intermission and Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or follow us on PodBean
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels