The Winding Road is a panel discussion at the 2019 Young Filmmakers and Digital Content Forum. Though the path to making your debut feature film is filled with many challenges, many still see it as the top of the mountain, a peak to aim for in one’s career. With that in mind, this episode features an in-depth discourse with Ineza Roussille (director, M for Malaysia), Muzzamer Rahman (director, Prebet Sapu) and Nadiah Hamzah (director, Motif). Having recently made their first feature films, they now shine a light for others still finding their way in a session moderated by Iki Ali.
The event was organised by the Institute of Arts and Media Studies Malaysia (SEMESTA), in association with the National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (FINAS) and Malaysian Digital Film Awards (MDfA).
- We previously wrote about Nadiah Hamzah’s films here
- Additionally, we interviewed Muzzamer Rahman, while he also contributed a review of ‘You Mean The World To Me’ by Saw Teong Hin
- Check out the trailers for their films: ‘Motif’, ‘Takut Ke Tak’ and ‘M for Malaysia’
- Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or follow us on PodBean
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels