Though the world now has much bigger things to think about, the team gets together for this episode to discuss their feelings on the situation, shedding light on life under different types of lockdown in Malaysia and England. Coming back into the mix to do exactly that is Ezzah Mahmud, as she and Fikri consider the impact of COVID-19 on Malaysian cinema. This includes the exhibition of films cut short or postponed due to the Restricted Movement Order since 18th March 2020, as well as other significant film events. Along the way, friend of the show and Indonesian filmmaker Winaldo Swastia chimes in with his own perspective from Jakarta, including how his own film shoot has been affected.
- On Ezzah’s last episode, they discussed the film, ‘Puteri Gunung Ledang’
- More recently, she reviewed ‘Roh’
- Winaldo was previously interviewed by our sister publication, CQ Magazine
- Intermission: Covid-19: MCO Extended to April 14 for your own safety, says PM
- Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or follow us on PodBean
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels