Boys and girls, the boys are back in town! Well, they’re not in the same town…but, you know what they mean. They’re here for their 29th episode as well, even if they kept referring to it as their 28th episode, but…again, you know what they mean. No worries there, then, as Fikri and Muz tucks into the latest news and views from in and around the Malaysian scene, though there’s something from beyond that as well, but…you can cut them some slack, can you? After all, it’s only the latest episode from the world’s only film podcast to be recorded in Bahasa Malaysia in different countries!
Dan Lain Lain
- Muz managed to watch ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
- What the Marvel Cinematic Universe is, for those living under a rock
- For sure, these guys will Avengers (avenge us). #thekol
- A long time ago, we reviewed ‘Iron Man’, the movie that pretty much kicked started it all…
- …and Iron Man himself was previously considered a second-tier character, something Marvel appears to be investing in heavily
- We have two new Upin and Ipin (and Awie?) movies to look forward to!
- So a comedian and the director of a failed scientologist movie walks into a bar: what Afdlin Shauki is doing with Roger Christian
- Another history lesson for Fikri: what the Sandakan death march is about
- John Carter as Iko Uwais?
- Are you sick of 3-D films? Try the 4-D experience: D-Box has arrived in Malaysia
- Robot dinosaurs? Only the highest grossing film in Malaysian box office history
- Adieu, Odeon: bye bye to a bygone era. Put on your Ennio Morricone track when you read this
- The Economic Contribution of the Film and TV Industries in Malaysia: you’ll really want to hear what Muz has to say about this
- By the way, if you want to read the original report, you can access it here
- Some people are sentap with the Rentap Fiasco, as informed and covered by The Daily Seni
- For those who don’t know who Rentap is (ahem, Fikri again, ahem), do some read up here
- The Malaysian education system as the number one enemy of the arts: really?
- Sofia Jane wrote something