This spoiler-filled episode is an exclusive interview with Muzzamer Rahman about his film, ‘Prebet Sapu’. Fikri and (the other) Muz sit down for an in-depth discussion about the craft and narrative of his film. The first of two parts considers the film’s origins and the difficulties Muz faced in getting the story going. He also highlights the importance of the actors, Amerul Affendi and Lim Mei Fen, in shaping the film’s narrative progression, especially in balancing the ethnic discussion in ‘Prebet Sapu’ with other factors.
The film is in cinemas now.
- Read our review of ‘Prebet Sapu’, and listen to our recent episodes featuring the film’s producer (Bebbra Mailin) and subtitlist (Iki Ali)
- We have also interviewed Muz previously in 2018, and he was also featured in episode 55, discussing the making of this film in a panel also featuring Nadiah Hamzah and Ineza Roussille
- Intermission: ‘Prebet Sapu’ (trailer)
- Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or catch us on PodBean, Acast, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Player FM, Stitcher and TuneIn
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels