This is the second part of a spoiler-filled discussion with Muzzamar Rahman about his film. Having discussed the narrative of ‘Prebet Sapu’, Fikri and (the other) Muz discuss how important Kuala Lumpur is not just as the film’s background and context, but also as the third main character of the film itself. They also get into the bigger picture political subtext, and how comfortable Muz feels portraying the bigger picture political points as one of the film’s subtext.
- Listen to the first part of the discussion, and read our review of the film as well
- Check out other episodes of the podcast featuring Bebbra Mailin (the film’s producer) and Iki Ali (the film’s subtitlist)
- We have also interviewed Muz previously in 2018, and he was also featured in episode 55, discussing the making of this film in a panel also featuring Nadiah Hamzah and Ineza Roussille
- Intermission: ‘Prebet Sapu’ (trailer)
- Theme Song: Airplane Mode by Josh Woodward
- Download the episode here, or catch us on PodBean, Acast, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Player FM, Stitcher and TuneIn
Featured image credit and podcast cover art: Erkan Utu / Pexels